Admissions are granted in Him Gurukul International School students based on their successful clearing of the admissions aptitude tests and parental interaction from class 1 upwards and meeting admissions criteria.
Him Gurukul Admission criteria are as follows:
3 years to 3 1/2 years for LKG
4 years to 4 1/2 years for UKG
5+ years complete as for std 1
Eligibility Document Checklist All Nationalities
(To be submitted to admission office )
Color photo (passport size)
Discipline: Him Gurukul International School believe in discipline with firmness. Disobedience and disregard of rules are not tolerated. Any breach of common sense or of good manners or any action or a word, likely to lower the good name of school, is regarded as a breach of school discipline. The school reserves the right to expel students whose diligence or progress in studies is consistently unsatisfactory or whose conduct is harmful to others. Immorality, grave insubordination, theft, fraud, damage or loss of school’s property, giving false information, threating, abusing or assaulting any school employee or student are always sufficient reasons for immediate expulsion.
Examination System: We believe, testing students on the basis of crammed answers of previous exercises or the retention power is of no use, until and unless scholars are aware of practical use of the concept learned. Examination system at Him Gurukul strongly encourages THINKING not CRAMMING, where practical understanding of the concepts and thinking skills are tested. Practical knowledge cannot be gained just with pen and paper test. Besides written test, monthly assessment activities are an integral part of the examination system where student’s knowledge about practical implementation of the concepts are tested. Examination system at HGIS is as follows:
Type of Examination
Periodic Test -1
Last week of May
10th September to 30th September
Last week of December
First week of March
Assessment: Students are assessed as per the direction of CBSE.
School Rules :
a ) Absent and leave:
- No leave of absence is granted except on prior written application from parents or guardians for a valid reason only.
- Only one leave is allowed in a month.
- Without leave student has to pay fine.
- Parents are requested to send a leave application if the child has to be absent for more than one day.
- It is mandatory for parents to come to school whenever they get a call from school.
- Student will be rusticated for one week for any misbehave with any one in school campus or school bus.
- The name will be stuck off if he or she found guilty of misbehave for the second time.
- A student returning to school after an infection or contagious disease should get a fitness certificate from the doctor.
- A student suffering from such contagious disease must observe the prescribed period of quarantine before returning to class.
- Minimum 80% attendance is compulsory to appear in the annual
b) Promotion Rules:
- Promotion to the next class is granted to the pupil on the basis of his/her overall performance during the academic session.
- A child has to score 40% marks in the grand total of each subject to get promotion in the next class. No Re-test supplementary exam is conducted.
- A clear calendar months’ notice in written must be given before the withdrawal of the pupil.
School Timing :
- Nursery to Third- 9 AM to 2:15 PM
- Grade third onwards- 9 AM to 3 PM